Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is there any way to keep my hair straight... (black hair question)?

I have african american hair texture and have been told it's pretty soft.





For a long while now, I've had my hair professionally straightened every so often. I can keep it straight myself using hair oils and moisturizers, but wearing this ';do-rag'; on my head grows a little tiresome, not to mention looks really tacky and trite.





I've heard mixed stories about silk pillow covers and the like, but is there any way to make sure my hair stays straight and undamaged overnight without having to wear something over my head?Is there any way to keep my hair straight... (black hair question)?
What's wrong with wearing a doo rag at night? Yea, it sucks having to put it on every night, especially when you are tired, but if I don't put it on, my hair looks a mess the next day and only gets worse as the days go on when I don't put it on. A lot of my friends wear silk scarves, but that doesn't work for me. I have really long hair and so it's not going to pile on top of my head and stay, plus I sleep crazy and it's sure to come off. My doo rags have come off at times.Is there any way to keep my hair straight... (black hair question)?
If u get it permanently straightened i dont think it should be a problem. Also, put conditioner in it too - but dont over do it.


Straight silky hair takes a lot of effort *sigh*





Goodluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment